Follow these tips for your next trip
- International tourist arrivals have increased from 25 million worldwide in 1950, to 278 million in 1980, 527 million in 1995 and 1,320 million in 2017. They are expected to reach 1,800 million in 2030.
- The average international tourist receipt exceeds US $ 700 per person and travelers spend more than $ 1.4 billion.
- Travel and tourism represent approximately 10% of the total global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2016 (if it includes businesses related to tourism (for example, catering, cleaning) (US $ 7 billion).
- The global travel and tourism industry creates approximately 11% of global employment (direct and indirect) in 2016.
- At least 25 million people in 52 countries are displaced by violence, persecution and / or disasters; This affects tourism revenue in all countries.
- The tourism leak is as high as 80% in the Caribbean (for every dollar earned in tourism, 80 cents leaves the country)