14 places to inspire a visit to beautiful Bulgaria
Bursting with cutting-edge culture and wonderful ancient history, Bulgaria, once widely over-looked, is finally getting the recognition it deserves. Host to a variety of captivating mountain-ranges, inviting turquoise beaches and brilliant town life for both those in search of a cultural escape and a buzzing nightlife, this fantastic summer destination can provide the ultimate retreat for those desperately looking for a last minute holiday. Not quite convinced? Here are 14 reasons which will make you think again…
1. Explore one of Bulgaria’s most popular coastal resorts at Sunny Beach.
2. Full of stylish galleries, bohemian cafes and charming narrow streets, Plovdiv is a must see!
3. While you’re there, don’t miss out on a visit to the magical Roman Ampitheatre.
4. Explore one of Europe’s youngest and most captivating capitals in beautiful Sofia.
5. Find yourself left completely breathless by the enamouring views of the Rhodope Mountains.
6. Equally so, the world-famous Seven Rila Lakes cannot go a miss.
7. Varna, the Black Sea Coast’s largest resort, is overflowing with cultural landmarks and adventurous escapades, like Cape Kaliakra.
8. The Aleksander Nevski Church is a must visit when in Sofia. Just wait till you see inside…
9. Nessebar’s Ancient Old Town offers a journey back in time, perfect for history lovers.
10. Finally, the slopes! Don’t hesitate to experience the white wonders of Bulgaria’s brilliant ski resorts first hand.
11. Join in with the annual Kazanlak Rose Festival, Bulgaria’s famous harvesting festival.
12. Enjoy some of Bulgaria’s best music festivals including ‘Meadows in the Mountain’ and ‘Holi Festival of Colours.’
13. Enjoy traditional Bulgarian food on a tour around Sofia.
14. Enjoy one of Bulgaria’s many fine wineries.
13 Magical Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit Sofia in the Winter5 (100%) 1 vote Considering a visit to Sofia in the winter? Afraid of ...
Town Vratsa – one of the richest regions of Karsts formations in Bulgaria5 (100%) 1 vote The town represents one of the richest region...